European Media Art Platform / European Media Artists in Residence Exchange 2020 and 2021
With the generous support of EU’s Creative Europe programme the European Media Art Platform will offer EMARE (European Media Artist in Residence Exchange) residencies for media artists in the fields of digital media, including Internet and computer-based artists, filmmakers, and those working in media based performance, sound, or video as well as robotics or bio-art. The upcoming call covers, different from the two previous calls, TWO options for residency periods: from March to August 2020 and from January to May 2021. Applicants can choose one of the two or indicate that they are available for both.
This call will be the last call within this Creative Europe funded project.
Artists with residence in an EU member country (EU taxpayer), can submit their proposals and apply for a two-months long residency at one of the following institutions:
- Ars Electronica Center, Linz, Austria http://www.ars.electronica.art:
- Onassis Stegi, Athens, Greece http://www.onassis.org
- Bandits Mages, Bourges, France http://www.bandits-mages.com
- FACT, Liverpool, United Kingdom http://www.fact.co.uk
- IMPAKT Centre for Media Culture, Utrecht, the Netherlands http://www.impakt.nl
- Kontejner, Zagreb, Croatia http://www.kontejner.org
- LABoral Centro de Arte y Creación Industrial, Gijón, Spain http://www.laboralcentrodearte.org
- M-Cult, Helsinki, Finland http://www.m-cult.org
- RIXC, Riga, Latvia http://www.rixc.org
- WRO Art Center, Wroclaw, Poland http://www.wrocenter.pl
- Werkleitz Centre for Media Art, Halle (Saale), Germany http://werkleitz.de (lead organisation)
Undergraduate and Master’s students are not eligible (PhDs are accepted) but emerging artists, regardless of age, are encouraged to apply.
EMARE includes a grant of 3.000,- Euros, project budget of 4.000,- Euros, free accommodation, travel expenses up to 500,- Euros, free access to the technical facilities and media labs within the host institution, consulting by production and market experts and a professional presentation as well as the option to participate in exhibition tours at our members festivals in 2020-2021. All selected artists will be invited for a networking kick-off conference from 28th of February to 2nd of March 2020 in Liverpool. Please save the date!
Applications should be submitted online and must include a CV, (audio)-visual documentation and a preliminary plan or sketch of the proposed project to be developed within the EMARE programme.
Artists with residence in an EU member country (EU taxpayer), can submit their proposals here: www.emare.eu / call.emare.eu
Deadline for Applications: Monday, December 9th 2019, 12:00 CET (after this time the call will be closed)
Around mid January 2020 the results of the selection process will be communicated to the applicants.
Contact for any further questions:
Werkleitz Gesellschaft e.V. / EMARE / Schleifweg 6 / D-06114 Halle (Saale)
phone: 49 68246-0 / fax: -29 / firstname.lastname@example.org / www.emare.eu