We are proud to announce the selection of the first round of EMARE artists of the new launched European Media Art Platform (EMAP). 500 artists from 43 countries submitted their proposal to the call. With the generous support of EU’s Creative Europe programme EMAP is going to host eleven European media artists and groups altogether in the eleven countries of the EMAP members this year:
- Ars Electronica, Linz, Austria http://www.aec.at: Robertina Šebjanič & Gjino Šutić, Slovenia / Croatia
- Bandits-Mages, Bourges, France http://www.bandits-mages.com: Aleksandra Niemczyk, Poland / United Kingdom
- Foundation for Art & Creative Technology, Liverpool, United Kingdom http://www.fact.co.uk: Robertas Narkus, Lithuania
- IMPAKT, Utrecht, Netherlands http://www.impakt.nl: Anna Ridler, United Kingdom
- Kontejner, Zagreb, Croatia http://www.kontejner.org: Adam Donovan & Katrin Hochschuh, Austria / Switzerland
- LaBoral Centro de Arte y Creación Indstrial, Gijón, Spain http://www.laboralcentrodearte.org: Anna Dumitriu & Alex May, United Kingdom
- M-Cult, Helsinki, Finland http://www.m-cult.org: Chloé Galibert-Laîné, France & Kevin B. Lee, USA / Germany
- Onassis Cultural Centre, Athens, Greece http://www.sgt.gr: Kentaro Kumanomido & Thomas Anthony Owen, USA / Germany
- RIXC, Riga, Latvia http://www.rixc.org: Karen Lancel & Hermen Maat, the Netherlands
- WRO Art Center, Wroclaw, Poland http://www.wrocenter.pl: Taavi Suisalu, Estonia
- Werkleitz Center for Media Art, Halle (Saale), Germany http://werkleitz.de: Douglas Fishbone, United Kingdom
EMAP / EMARE will offer two months production residencies for European Artists working in the fields of digital media, including Internet and computer-based artists, filmmakers, and those working in media based performance, sound or video.
EMARE includes a grant of 3.000,- Euros, project budget of 4.000,- Euros, free accommodation, travel expenses up to 500,- Euros, free access to the technical facilities and media labs within the host institution, consulting by production and market experts and a professional presentation as well as the option to participate in exhibition tours at our members festivals. In 2018 EMARE group shows will be presented at Ars Electronica in September in Linz, Austria, Impakt in Utrecht, the Netherlands in Oktober/November/December and Bandits-Mages Festival in Bourges, France in November.
The next call for applications will be launched at Ars Electronica Festival in September 2018.
Contact for any further questions: Werkleitz Gesellschaft e.V. / EMARE / Coordination: Marcie Jost / Schleifweg 6 / D-06114 Halle (Saale) phone: 49 68246-0 / fax: -29 / email@example.com / www.emare.eu