- We are proud to announce the selection of the second round of EMARE artists of the European Media Art Platform (EMAP). 507 artists from 40 countries submitted their proposal to the call. With the generous support of EU’s Creative Europe programme EMAP is going to host eleven European media artists and groups altogether in the eleven countries of the EMAP members this year:
Ars Electronica, Linz, Austria http://www.ars.electronica.art: Quimera Rosa (FR/AR)
- Bandits-Mages, Bourges, France http://www.bandits-mages.com: Tiziano Derme & Daniela Mitterberger (AU)
- FACT, Liverpool, United Kingdom http://www.fact.co.uk: Aay Liparoto (BE)
- IMPAKT Centre for Media Culture, Utrecht, Netherlands http://www.impakt.nl: Joana Moll (ES)
- Kontejner, Zagreb, Croatia http://www.kontejner.org: Margherita Pevere (DE/IT)
- LaBoral Centro de Arte y Creación Indstrial, Gijón, Spain http://www.laboralcentrodearte.org: Birk Schmithüsen (DE)
- M-Cult, Helsinki, Finland http://www.m-cult.org: Disnovation: Maria Roszkowska (FR/PL) & Nicolas Maigret (FR)
- Onassis Cultural Centre, Athens, Greece http://www.sgt.gr: Andrej Boleslavský (SK/CZ)
- RIXC, Riga, Latvia http://www.rixc.org: Florent Di Bartolo (FR)
- WRO Art Centre, Wroclaw, Poland http://www.wrocenter.pl: Marco Barotti (DE/IT)
- Werkleitz Centre for Media Art, Halle (Saale), Germany http://werkleitz.de: Wouter Moraal (NL)
EMAP / EMARE will offer two months production residencies for European Artists working in the fields of digital media, including Internet and computer-based artists, filmmakers, and those working in media based performance, sound or video, up to robotics, artificial intelligence and bio arts..
EMARE includes a grant of 3.000,- Euros, project budget of 4.000,- Euros, free accommodation, travel expenses up to 500,- Euros, free access to the technical facilities and media labs within the host institution, consulting by experts and a professional presentation as well as the option to participate in exhibition tours at our members festivals. In 2019 EMARE group shows will be presented at WRO Biennale in Wroclaw, Poland in May, RIXC exhibition July-September in Riga, Latvia, Ars Electronica in September in Linz, Austria, FACT Exhibition in September/October in Liverpool, United Kingdom and M-Cult exhibition in November in Helsinki.
The next call for applications will be launched at Ars Electronica Festival in September 5th 2019.
Contact for any further questions: Werkleitz Gesellschaft e.V. / EMARE / Coordination: Marcie Jost / Schleifweg 6 / D-06114 Halle (Saale) phone: 49 68246-0 / fax: -29 / email@example.com / www.emare.eu